[Warning: The below contains MAJOR spoilers for Chesapeake Shores Season 6 Episode 6 “Straighten Up and Fly Right.”]
Mick (Deal with Williams) might now be capable to say the phrases “I’m an addict,” however that doesn’t imply that we don’t have to nonetheless fear about him. In reality, the most recent Chesapeake Shores episode reveals the exact opposite.
Mick and Megan (Barbara Niven) are doing one of the best they will with a long-distance relationship, and which means plans (corresponding to a rendezvous in Denver) don’t all the time work out (she’s sick and may’t fly). However as we see, that could be a superb factor as a result of positive, he tells Abby (Meghan Ory) he can all the time do digital conferences (to make sure he goes each day for the primary 90 days, as he ought to), however after every week, he nonetheless hasn’t discovered a sponsor. He thinks he can work on the steps on his personal for some time, however Ralph (Donald Gross sales) factors out that individuals who attempt to get by this system on their very own have a reputation: addicts.
After Megan has to cancel, Abby’s fearful, however Mick snaps at her. He does attain out to Luke (Stephen Huszar) and admits that the whole lot makes him consider using. He asks Luke to be his sponsor, however the different man explains he can’t as a result of they’re associates.
Then it turns into clear simply how a lot Mick wants a sponsor when he speaks at an NA assembly. “Hello, my identify is Mick and I’m an addict. I haven’t been coming to those a lot, eight days really. I awakened this morning considering that I didn’t belong right here, that I used to be simply doing this for my household, that I didn’t have an issue,” he shares. “After which I bought some dangerous information, nothing main, however sufficient to set me off. I went over to my son’s place to assist him put up a shelf and whereas I used to be in his lavatory, I opened the drugs cupboard. I don’t know why. Oh, what am I saying? I do know why. My son had surgical procedure lately and there are some leftover painkillers in there. I knew that. I took one out of the bottle and I used to be very tempted to slide. So I assume my query is: When does the wanting cease? By no means? Is it all the time with you?”
After the assembly, Ralph joins him and calls him out on what he didn’t say: “You took the capsule, didn’t you?” He did. “I don’t know what occurred. I simply swallowed the capsule. I didn’t even give it some thought. I’ve no management over this,” Mick tells him. However that’s step one: admitting he’s powerless over his dependancy. “If that doesn’t describe a man exhibiting up excessive to an NA assembly, I don’t know what does,” Mick says. However Ralph explains, “you don’t should be clear to come back to a gathering. All you want is a need to cease utilizing.” Mick now is aware of he wants a sponsor. As Ralph places it, he is aware of a man, and the 2 sit down to start out going over the steps.
Elsewhere for the O’Briens:
- Following the fortune teller incident, Bree (Emilie Ullerup) and Luke haven’t spoken. Although she tries to get Mick to cross alongside a housewarming reward for her (Luke’s transferring in above the Bridge), she does carry it over herself. She explains that it wasn’t that she didn’t belief him, however reasonably, she fearful she’d mess issues up and ended up doing simply that. The excellent news: They’re again on observe by the top of the dialog.
- Bree finds out that an actress needs to possibility the rights to her e book. She’s cautious, particularly because it may stir issues up for her household once more, so Luke suggests she run it by everybody first. When she does, asking their permission, everybody agrees … with some casting solutions: Mick needs Harrison Ford to play him, Jess suggests Hilary Duff and Abby Kristen Stewart, Kevin (Brendan Penny) needs Chris Pratt or Chris Pine (Jessica Sipos’ Sarah interjects with Luke Wilson), and Connor (Andrew Francis) wonders if Dwayne Johnson would put on a wig.
- Jess (Laci J Mailey) focuses on the inn, with plans to broaden by going into the wine-making enterprise, with David (Carlo Marks) distracted with the whole lot happening along with his father — particularly as soon as Dennis (Malcolm Stewart) calls. Dennis claims that he was framed by somebody on the within, however David finds it onerous to consider him: “You stole my belief. You stole my belief fund.” Dennis insists he put it someplace secure. David does inform Agent Malik (Laara Sadiq), who places a faucet on his cellphone. And so when Dennis calls once more, they will find him — which he’d figured would occur. He needs to offer himself up.
- Margaret (Mariesa Crouse) passes the bar, and fairly rapidly, recruiters from legislation corporations start reaching out. Although she is aware of what she needs — choose her personal purchasers, symbolize the little man, develop an organization from the bottom up — Connor insists she no less than meet with a high agency in DC pushing for an “casual espresso and chat.” He doesn’t wish to maintain her again, he explains, or threat her having any regrets. She goes, however although they made a superb supply, she turned them down. She’s been on the large agency earlier than, she reminds Connor. What Margaret needs is to maintain working with him (and he assures her he needs that, too), however with one change: as an fairness associate. His reply: “Let me put it to you this manner. What sounds extra equitable: Keller & O’Brien or O’Brien & Keller?”
- Sarah continues to maintain her being pregnant a secret, with Abby serving to cowl round Bree and Jess after they’re provided wine at a spa. Abby assures her Kevin didn’t inform her and he or she guessed. Sarah admits she doesn’t know the way she’s purported to really feel, questioning how she might be completely satisfied when there’s the chance of a miscarriage like final time. “When doubtful, select pleasure,” Abby recommends, and that’s what Sarah does on the finish of the episode, sharing the information with Bree and Jess.
Chesapeake Shores, Sundays, 8/7c, Hallmark Channel