When you’re searching for a scrumptious, keto-friendly, and low-carb deal with to get you thru the autumn and winter, then you want to attempt these Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins drizzled with MCT Cream Cheese Glaze.
Additionally gluten-free and comprised of complete meals like pumpkin puree and almond flour, these muffins are full of wholesome fat, nutritional vitamins and minerals that can maintain you feeling satiated and your physique energized.
Plus this keto-friendly cream cheese glaze (which is scrumptious by the way in which) has MCT oil added to assist present a wholesome dose of fat and ketone boosting medium-chain triglycerides.
Completely good along with your morning espresso or for a satiating breakfast on the go, these muffins make for an ideal, late afternoon pick-me-up and are solely 4 web carbs per serving.
Listed here are some well being advantages of the components in these muffins:
- Pumpkin is a sort of winter squash that’s antioxidant wealthy and full of nutritional vitamins and minerals. A nutrient dense and low-calorie meals, pumpkin is low in carbs with a great quantity of fiber.
- Pumpkin is excessive in beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A
- Pumpkin is excessive in vitamin C which is required for improvement and restore of cells and is useful for immunity
- Pumpkin is an effective supply of vitamin E, in addition to folate (B9) and iron that are wanted for the wholesome crimson blood cells and wholesome immunity.
- Pumpkin can also be among the finest sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, plant pigments referred to as carotenoids discovered within the human eye and are believed to assist defend eye tissues from daylight harm. 
- Low in carbs, pecans have over 19 nutritional vitamins together with B1 (thiamine), folic acid (B9), Vitamin A and vitamin E.
- Pecans are a great supply of essential minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and zinc. They’re additionally a wonderful supply of manganese and copper, that are essential for metabolism.
- Pecans are antioxidant powerhouses with twice the quantity of flavonoids than another nut. Diets excessive in flavonoids have been linked with a decrease threat of inflammatory illnesses and higher weight upkeep over time. 
- Pecans are stuffed with coronary heart wholesome fat with 60% as monounsaturated and 30% as polyunsaturated fat that are believed to advertise wholesome levels of cholesterol. [4, 5]
MCTs, which stand for ‘medium-chain triglycerides’, are probably the most environment friendly kind of fat for the physique to make use of. Discovered within the highest concentrations in coconut oil, MCTs are simply and shortly absorbed and are a tremendous vitality supply for the physique. Not digested like different fat, MCTs get despatched straight to the liver to be transformed to ketones, the physique’s alternate supply of vitality that keto dieters depend on to burn fats.
A coronary heart wholesome supply of dietary fats and fast vitality that may assist the physique get into ketosis sooner, MCT oil affords up some nice advantages:
- It will possibly assist increase ketone manufacturing within the physique 
- It’s a supply of fast vitality and doesn’t get saved as physique fats
- It will possibly aid you really feel fuller longer and scale back cravings. , 
- It will possibly assist present a lift of vitality and satiation whereas fasting with out going out of ketosis.
- Research have proven MCT oil may help with fats loss and scale back physique weight in the long run  
- A terrific supply of vitality for the mind, some MCT followers report it helps them with focus and psychological readability
➡ New to the keto weight loss plan or confused about MCT oil? Try: The Advantages of MCT Oil and Methods to Use It
Components You’ll Want for the MCT Cream Cheese Glaze
MCT Oil: Whereas MCT Oil is comprised of coconut oil, it’s not the identical factor and its advantages are completely different. When utilizing MCT Oil, high-quality C8, C10 MCT oil is the one solution to go. Even be cautious of any firms that promote MCT oil with added fillers, flavors or preservatives that cancel out its advantages.
For an excellent high-quality MCT oil that’s chemical free and filler free, we advise utilizing Flora Well being Natural MCT Oil.
A tremendous supply of ketone boosting, helpful C8 and C10 MCTs, every tablespoon serving gives:
- 14 g whole of medium-chain triglycerides
- 7.5 g of caprylic acid
- 4.8 g of capric acid
- Comprised of 100% sustainably sourced non-GMO coconuts. Palm oil variations encourage deforestation and threaten wildlife.
- Licensed natural
- Made with none chemical substances or solvents like hexane
- Gluten-free + keto-friendly + vegan-friendly
MCT Oil Cooking Tip : The place coconut oil has a smoke level of 350 levels, the smoke level of MCT oil is even decrease at 320 levels. So cooking with it at temperatures above 320 could cause the oil to begin to degrade and lose its helpful properties.
Cream Cheese: Use your favourite model, however make sure you soften it.
Almond Milk: This helps skinny the glaze and brings the MCT oil and cream cheese collectively. You could substitute heavy cream in the event you like.
Sweetener: We used powdered erythritol for this recipe. When you don’t have powdered, merely pop some within the blender and course of it till high-quality.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla places this glaze excessive.
Components You’ll want for the Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins
Almond Flour: Low in carbs, almond flour is a scrumptious keto pleasant flour. Be sure you use almond flour and never almond meal. High-quality floor and blanched is finest.
Coconut Flour: Coconut flour helps with the feel of this recipe.
Eggs: Ensure they’re delivered to room temp.
Pumpkin Puree: Don’t use the presweetened stuff or pumpkin pie filling. You need pure pumpkin puree.
Melted Butter: You possibly can sub coconut or avocado oil as nicely.
Sweetener: We used the brown Swerve, however white will do the trick too. Additionally any granulated, keto-friendly sweetener ought to work.
Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is finest. That is added to each the glaze and the muffin batter.
Pumpkin Pie Spice: When you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you may simply double the cinnamon on this recipe or combine up the spices beneath to make your individual.
Fast Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons floor ginger
- 1 teaspoon floor cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon floor nutmeg
Xanthan gum: This helps enhance the feel of gluten-free baked items. It’s comparatively cheap and nice to maintain readily available in the event you’re doing a variety of keto, paleo or gluten-free baking recipes. When you don’t have it, simply omit it.
Baking soda and baking powder: The leaveners on this recipe. Attempt to use recent for finest outcomes.
Apple Cider Vinegar: This may activate the baking soda. To not fear, the flavour doesn’t come by way of. When you don’t have apple cider vinegar use white as a substitute.
Ideas and Methods For This Recipe
Double the Batch and Freeze: This recipe makes 12 common sized muffins. It could seem to be so much, however they freeze tremendous nicely and consider me, they gained’t final lengthy. When you don’t suppose you’ll have the ability to eat all of them inside just a few days, simply freeze what you need for as much as 3 months.
Measuring Your Flour: Due to the addition of coconut flour, the batter for these muffins shall be fairly thick. Don’t fear, that’s regular! When measuring your dry components, simply make sure you scoop them into the measuring cups after which degree.
Whip the Glaze Clean: The MCT glaze on these muffins is admittedly scrumptious and can harden because it dries. However once you’re mixing it up it’s possible you’ll discover the feel shall be clumpy when the MCT oil hits the cream cheese. With the addition of the almond milk (it’s possible you’ll want extra to skinny) it will likely be tremendous clean, creamy and are available collectively fantastically. You could need to regulate the glaze for sweetness relying in your desire. Enable the muffins to chill fully earlier than glazing.
Nut Free Model: When you’re nut free, skip the pecans and check out chocolate chips as a substitute. These are nice as plain pumpkin spice muffins as nicely! Eliminating the nuts will change the macros barely in fact.
GET THE RECIPE!
Keto Pumpkin Pecan Muffins With MCT Cream Cheese Glaze
When you’re searching for a scrumptious, keto-friendly and low-carb pumpkin spiced taste deal with to get you thru the autumn and winter, then attempt these Keto Pecan Pumpkin Muffins With MCT Cream Cheese Glaze! The MCT oil within the glaze will assist provide you with a wholesome increase of vitality and maintain you satiated between meals. Solely 4 web carbs per serving!
- MUFFIN BATTER WET INGREDIENTS
- 1 ½ cups tremendous high-quality almond flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- MUFFIN BATTER DRY INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsps coconut flour
- 2/3 cup erythritol we used Brown Swerve, could sub white or sweetener of alternative
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice if omitting double cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon xanthan gum optionally available
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped plus extra for sprinkling on prime
- MCT GLAZE INGREDIENTS
- 3 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Flora Well being Natural MCT Oil
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk could sub cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Fill a muffin pan with 12 paper or foil muffin liners. When you don’t have liners, merely grease the muffin pan nicely.
Whisk dry in components in a medium bowl and put aside
Whisk collectively moist components in one other bowl. Enable the batter to relaxation for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
Scoop or spoon the combination into the muffin liners. Fill every cup to the highest.
Bake the muffins for about 22-25 minutes or till a toothpick positioned within the heart comes out clear. Whereas the muffins are baking, put together the glaze.
Take away the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool fully. Drizzle every muffin with glaze and slightly crushed pecans earlier than serving.
Making the glaze: Whip the cream cheese after which add the opposite components to mix. The cream cheese could get clumpy when it makes contact with the MCT oil however the almond milk will clean it out. If it’s too thick, add extra almond milk a teaspoon at a time till you attain a consistency you want. Regulate sweetness to style.
Get pleasure from!
MCT Cream Cheese Glaze Vitamin Info *
Serving Measurement: 2 tsp Energy: 59 Whole Fats: 6.8g (9%) Saturated Fats: 5.6g (28%) Ldl cholesterol: 10mg (3%) Sodium: 28mg (1%)
Whole Carbohydrates: 0.3g (0%) Dietary Fiber: 0g Whole Sugars: 0.1g Protein: 0.7g Calcium: 8mg (1%)
Keto Pumpkin Pecan Muffin Vitamin Info *
Serving Measurement: 1 muffin Energy: 242 Whole Fats: 21.7g (28%)
Saturated Fats: 6.7g (33%) Ldl cholesterol: 75mg (25%) Sodium: 134mg 6% Whole Carbohydrate: 8.2g (3%) Dietary Fiber: 4.2g (15%) Whole Sugars: 1.5g Protein: 6.6g
*NOTE: Vitamin details are estimations and for informational functions solely.
Recipe Ideas and Methods