If you happen to suppose La Union has nothing else to supply apart from browsing, you’re gravely mistaken! Elyu has a numerous set of wonders stored in its nooks and crannies. However in case you’re staying in Urbiztondo in San Juan, one attraction that you just shouldn’t miss is Tangadan Falls!
La Union has over a dozen waterfalls unfold all through the province — from the mildly sloping Lang-ay Falls in Tubao as much as the little-known Occalong Falls in Luna. However maybe the most well-liked of those cascades is Tangadan Falls, tucked within the sleepy city of San Gabriel. Punctuating a portion of the Baroro River, this waterfall has two tiers, every with a pure pool on the base, surrounded by limestone cliffs and big boulders.
Tangadan Falls is positioned in Barangay Amontoc within the mountainous space of San Gabriel, La Union. So step one is to get into La Union. This waterfall is simply too far for a day journey straight from Manila, so most vacationers go to it as a part of a better La Union itinerary. They normally e book a resort or resort in both San Juan (notably Urbiztondo Seaside) or San Fernando Metropolis. From right here, you possibly can dedicate half a day to this waterfall.
Planning to go to Tangadan Falls quickly? Listed below are a number of the issues to know earlier than you go.
WHAT’S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
1. Board a bus to San Fernando.
If you happen to’re coming from Metro Manila, the one transit firms that we all know carry passengers to La Union instantly are PARTAS and VIRON Transport (as of Might 2022). Each have terminals in Cubao. You may also discover La Union-bound buses at Viron’s Sampaloc Terminal.
Board a bus to San Fernando Metropolis or San Juan, relying on the place your lodging is positioned. Most La Union buses terminate in San Fernando Metropolis.
Alternatively, in case you’re staying elsewhere, it’s possible you’ll catch a bus sure for Abra or Ilocos as a substitute and alight in San Juan or one other city in La Union. (Observe that NOT ALL buses permit this, so it’s essential to ask a workers member earlier than reserving a ticket.)
For the schedule, fare and different essential reminders, we wrote a devoted article right here: MANILA TO LA UNION BUS TRAVEL INFORMATION! ✅
In case you are bringing your individual automobile, simply use Google Maps or Waze, then search San Gabriel Municipal Corridor.
2. Experience a tricycle or jeepney to San Gabriel City Correct.
The journey time is about 45 minutes from San Fernando and about Half-hour from San Juan. Jeepney fare is between P15 and P20 pesos.
- If you happen to’re coming from San Fernando, head to Tanqui Transport Terminal to catch a jeepney.
- If you happen to’re coming from San Juan, go to Folks’s Park, positioned simply throughout the San Juan Municipal Corridor.
A extra handy (however costlier) choice: Hail a tricycle that may take you on to San Gabriel Municipal Corridor. Roundtrip fare begins at P500 in case you’re solo, or extra in case you’re a bunch. (We paid P800 for a celebration of three.) The driving force can watch for you on the city correct and take you again to your resort or resort after.
If you wish to take advantage of your day, organize a mixed Tangadan Falls + Northern Tour (which features a go to to Immuki Island in Bacnotan and stone sights in Luna). Excursions like this vary from P1800 to P2000.
3. Pay the doorway charge on the Municipal Treasury Workplace.
The tricycle will drop you off round San Gabriel Municipal Corridor. It’s positioned beside the Police Station on the junction.
Pay the environmental charge/entrance charge on the Municipal Treasury Workplace. The charge is P30 per individual.
“No Receipt, No Entry” rule is in impact. You might be requested to current the official receipt when on the web site.
4. Rent a tour information.
Sure, it’s required. A “No Tour Information, No Entry” is in impact. You’ll discover the tour information station beside the police station.
The tour information charge is P500 per group. We weren’t in a position to catch what number of members are allowed per group. However we have been a celebration of three and we have been thought of only one group.
5. Experience a habal-habal or jeepney to the trailhead.
Select between a habal-habal (bike) and a jeep.
- Habal-habal roundtrip fare is P400 per pax and P600 for 2 pax. A unit can accommodate as much as 2 passengers. If time is a matter or in case you’re visiting early within the morning, that is the mode of transpo for you.
- Jeepney fare is P120-150 per individual, relying on the entire variety of passengers per journey. But it surely would possibly watch for extra passengers earlier than departing. In case you are a giant group and you’re planning to lease a jeepney, it prices about P1,800 — good for as much as 15 pax.
The journey time is 20-Half-hour.
6. Trek to the waterfall.
It’s a 15-20 minute hike down a principally concrete staircase to the waterfall. But it surely nonetheless is determined by your tempo.
NOTE: The highway resulting in the trailhead is slim and winding, and a few elements are steep. It’s fairly difficult if you’re not acquainted with the highway.
We even have a video model of this journey information right here:
- Swimming. Take a dip into the chilly freshwater of the Baroro River. In case you are not a assured swimmer, you possibly can lease a life vest or simply swim within the shallow elements. The mossy rocks are very slippery, so watch out.
- Cliff Diving. In case you are feeling adventurous, go cliff leaping! Examine the drop level if there are swimmers under earlier than taking the plunge. Observe that the unique cliff leaping level is closed as a result of security causes, however you possibly can nonetheless bounce from the decrease protruding rock close to the falls.
- Snap away. Take a lot of images. This picturesque pure gem, with the encompassing limestone cliffs, makes for a shocking photograph backdrop.
Planning to spend just a few days in La Union? San Fernando and San Juan are one of the best locations to e book a resort. They’re each centrally positioned, nicely linked, and near most sights. Listed below are a number of the properties out there on Agoda.
Beneath is a full-day itinerary that features a cease in Tangadan Falls. Observe that this assumes you’re staying in San Juan, like we did. You need to use this as a part of a much bigger La Union itinerary.
Tricycle tour for Tangadan Falls is P500 if solo, P800 in case you’re a bunch of three. If you wish to additionally go to Luna and Immuki Island (after Tangadan Falls), mixed tricycle tour is P1800 to P2000.
In our case, all of us agreed to go to Tangadan Falls actually early to keep away from the gang. We have been additionally a celebration of three, splitting a number of the prices.
05:30 AM – Tricycle to San Gabriel
06:00 AM – Rent tour information, P166.67/pax (P500/group)
06:10 AM – Pay Tangadan Falls entrance, P30
06:15 AM – Habal-habal trip, P200/pax (P400/bike)
06:45 AM – Take pleasure in Tangadan Falls
08:30 AM – Head again
09:00 AM – Settle Tangadan charges (in case you nonetheless haven’t)
09:10 AM – Depart for Immuki Island
09:45 AM – Pay Immuki Island entrance charge, P20
09:55 AM – Lease raft, P83.33/pax (P250/raft)
11:00 AM – Fast bathe – P10
11:20 AM – Bahay na Bato, P50
12:20 PM – Bato de Luna, P50 entrance, P150 lunch
01:40 PM – Dessert at Lola Mending’s Cafe – P250
02:40 PM – Baluarte Watchtower
03:15 PM – Darigayos Seaside & Paraoir Forest fast cease
04:00 PM – Again to resort, relaxation, clean up
If you happen to’re a bunch of three, every traveler ought to anticipate to shell out only for this tour:
PhP 1677 – Tangadan Falls + Immuki Island + Luna Tour
PhP 664 – Tangadan Falls Solely
What are the working hours?
As of writing, guests are solely allowed inside these instances:
What are the bills? How a lot to finances?
Right here’s the abstract of the bills that you just would possibly anticipate.
- Bus fare: P505 to P800 (relying on bus firm and route)
- Tricycle fare (San Juan to San Gabriel): P500 for solo, P800 for group of three
- Environmental Payment: P30/head
- Tour Information Payment: P500 (good for as much as 5 pax)
- Habal-Habal Experience: P400 (Roundtrip)
- Life Vest Rental: P50. That is non-obligatory solely.
What are the journey necessities for La Union?
You’ll want a NAPANAM QR Code, amongst different necessities. The complete record of necessities is determined by your vaccination standing and the alert stage of the world the place you’re coming from.
To elucidate it higher, we created a separate article with extra particulars right here: LA UNION TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS for TOURISTS 2022
When is one of the best time to go?
The cascades are sturdy in the course of the wet season, however some elements of the path get muddy. It’s greatest to go to two to 3 days after a rainfall. There’s a excessive likelihood of seeing twin cascades within the moist season, too. Nevertheless, examine the official announcement of the municipal’s tourism workplace or the Municipal Catastrophe Danger Discount and Administration Council for closure and warnings earlier than you go to.
If you wish to keep away from large crowds, go to on a weekday. If you happen to can’t assist visiting on a weekend or vacation, attempt to be there early within the morning (like we did).
Are walk-in guests allowed?
Sure! However if you wish to safe your slot, you possibly can organize for the tour a day or an evening earlier than your go to.
Is there a parking zone?
In case you are bringing your individual automobile, it’s possible you’ll park on the jeepney terminal the place the tour information station can also be positioned. However because it’s a public terminal, you’ll want to be there early earlier than the slots are crammed.
There may be additionally a parking area on the trailhead. We’re simply undecided if they permit non-public automobiles to drive all the best way right here.
Do we actually want to rent a tour information?
No tour information, no entry.
Additionally, don’t overlook the official receipt (OR) issued by the Municipal Treasury Workplace.
The place to eat?
There’s a snack and memento stall on the trailhead’s parking space (the place the habal-habal and “monster” jeepneys park).
Is it senior- and kid-friendly?
However maybe not for seniors and undoubtedly not for these with mobility issues. The trek again to the jump-off level entails ascending trails and a protracted flight of concrete steps. Though there are relaxation stops, it’d nonetheless be difficult for small youngsters, seniors, and people with mobility points.
- Municipal Corridor: +63 (72) 687 0125 / 0916 479 6253
- San Gabriel Municipal Well being Workplace: +63 (72) 682 0504 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- San Gabriel Police Station: 0928 780 2268
- La Union Police Provincial Workplace: +63 (72) 607 5100 / 0977 844 4404
- La Union Coast Guard: +63 (72) 607 2877 / 0917 815 2012
- Provincial Catastrophe Danger Discount and Administration Workplace: 911 / 0945 283 5067
- La Union Bureau of Fireplace Safety: +63 (72) 607 4066 / 0917 186 2711
- La Union Medical Heart: +63 (72) 607-5938 / 607 5541 to 45
- Aleng Pulis Hotline (for gender-based violence): +63 9197777377
- Tisya Hustisya (Free Authorized Recommendation for gender-based violence victims): Globe/TM, 09533826936; Good/TNT/Solar: 09510774412
Leave a Reply