Take pleasure in a bowl of wholesome stuffed pepper soup ready with savory floor beef, crisp bell peppers, and tender rice simmered in a wealthy tomato-based broth.
Wholesome and Satisfying Stuffed Pepper Soup
Who’s able to cozy up with a DELISH bowl of healthful goodness? Stuffed pepper soup captures all of the issues we love about hearty and wholesome stuffed peppers in a heat, satisfying soup recipe. I like one-pot dinners and this recipe is simple to make and filled with vitamins. It’s filled with savory floor beef and rice, with loads of peppers and veggies, all simmered collectively in a tomato-based broth. Discuss a soul-nourishing combo!
Why You’ll Love This Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- Comforting. This recipe has all of the acquainted flavors of stuffed peppers wrapped up in a sippable, slurpable do-it-yourself soup. It’s critical consolation meals on chilly fall evenings.
- Wholesome. This soup is simple to make and packed to the brim with nutritious veggies, lean floor beef, and rice. The flavors are wealthy and satisfying.
- Make-ahead-friendly. I like having a giant batch of this stuffed pepper soup stashed in my fridge. It retains effectively all through the week, good to reheat for hearty last-minute dinners and fast lunches.
Components You’ll Want For Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Olive Oil
- Floor Beef: I make this soup with lean floor beef. You might additionally use floor rooster, turkey, or pork.
- Yellow Onion: Diced onion brings a wealthy, fragrant taste when it’s cooked with beef and veggies.
- Inexperienced Bell Pepper: As an alternative of stuffing the bell peppers, we’re chopping them. You can also make your soup with any number of bell pepper you’d like, whether or not it’s inexperienced, yellow, or crimson bell peppers, or a medley.
- Tomatoes: The final time I made stuffed pepper soup, I’d picked up some contemporary backyard tomatoes from the farmer’s market. The flavour was next-level! You can even make this recipe with canned diced tomatoes when contemporary ones aren’t in season.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic cloves, as a result of every part tastes higher when garlic is concerned.
- Salt and Pepper
- Broth: To keep away from overly salty soup, use low-sodium beef or rooster broth or inventory.
- Rice: Proper on the finish, you’ll stir in cooked white rice or any leftover rice you may have available. This soup is scrumptious with brown rice, wild rice, or one other grain, like quinoa.
Easy methods to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
This soup recipe comes collectively in a single pot on the stovetop, and it’s prepared in lower than an hour. Weeknight consolation meals doesn’t get significantly better! Right here’s the right way to make it.
- Cook dinner the bottom beef. Begin by heating olive oil in a big pot. Add the bottom beef and saute till the meat is browned all through.
- Add veggies and broth. Subsequent, stir within the diced onions, tomatoes, and garlic and cook dinner till softened. Pour within the broth, and let the pot simmer on low for half-hour.
- Add rice and serve. Lastly, stir in cooked rice, season to style, and serve heat with crusty bread for dunking! See under for extra serving solutions.
Can I Make Stuffed Pepper Soup within the Sluggish Cooker?
Sure! You can also make this soup within the crock pot or sluggish cooker. You’ll nonetheless need to brown the bottom beef on the stovetop earlier than including it to the sluggish cooker with the opposite components (omit the rice for now). Cook dinner for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on excessive. Add the cooked rice simply earlier than serving.
Ideas for Success
- At all times brown the meat. Searing the bottom beef locks within the taste and provides it the very best texture. Whether or not you’re making this stuffed pepper soup on the stovetop or within the sluggish cooker (see under), don’t skip this step!
- For those who aren’t serving this soup instantly, I like to recommend holding the rice separate till serving. The rice absorbs a lot of the liquid and softens extra the longer it sits.
- Don’t neglect to season. At all times style for salt and pepper and modify the seasonings as wanted. Don’t be afraid of salt! Salt enhances the opposite flavors.
- Add cheese. Serve this soup topped with freshly grated parmesan or shaved Pecorino and a contemporary crack of black pepper. So good!
- Seasonings. Sprinkle in Italian seasoning, dried oregano, or Herbes de Provence. For a spicy pepper soup, add crimson pepper flakes or cayenne, however solely on the finish of cooking (so it doesn’t end up too spicy).
- Recent herbs. Add contemporary thyme leaves, rosemary, or basil, or a mixture of contemporary herbs to deepen the flavors of the broth.
- Extra veggies. Soups are such nice “clear out the fridge” recipes. Toss in additional greens reminiscent of diced zucchini, mushrooms, celery, candy corn, and greens like kale or spinach leaves.
- Completely different protein. As an alternative of floor beef, make this recipe with floor turkey or floor rooster for a leaner choice.
- Vegetarian. Change floor meat with lentils, beans, or your favourite meatless mince.
- Southwestern. Take inspiration from my Southwestern quinoa stuffed peppers recipe and make this soup with nutritious quinoa, bell peppers, candy corn, black beans, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Garnishes. Prime with a dollop of bitter cream, or a sprinkle of contemporary chopped parsley for garnish.
What to Serve With Stuffed Pepper Soup
In Macedonian, any stew-type meal is named mandja (“mahn-dja”). My mother used to make this stuffed pepper mandja for us usually. It brings again all of the feels of cozy winter dinners with bowls of steaming soup paired with bread unfold with ajvar. Listed below are extra tasty sides to serve with soup:
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
- Fridge. Retailer leftover stuffed pepper soup in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days. Reheat servings within the the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop till warmed by.
- Freezer. Stuffed pepper soup freezes effectively. Permit the soup to chill utterly, after which switch it to an hermetic container. It may be frozen for as much as 3 months. Everytime you’re prepared for a comfy bowlful, thaw the soup in a single day within the fridge and reheat it on the range or within the microwave.
Extra Cozy Soup Recipes
In a big soup pot, warmth olive oil over medium warmth and add the bottom beef, breaking it up with a wood spoon whereas it cooks; cook dinner the meat for six to eight minutes or till browned and not pink.
Stir within the onions, peppers, tomatoes, and garlic.
Season with salt and pepper and proceed to cook dinner over medium warmth till greens are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add within the broth, and convey to a boil. Cowl and cook dinner over low warmth for 25 to half-hour.
Stir within the cooked rice; cook dinner for a minute.
Take away from warmth and style for salt and pepper; modify to your liking.
- Protein Choices: Swap floor beef for turkey, rooster, or vegetarian crumbles.
- Rice Varieties: Strive brown, wild rice, or quinoa for various textures and vitamin. Essential to notice the rice will take in a lot of the liquid. For those who don’t plan to serve the whole soup all of sudden, serve the rice on the aspect as a substitute of blending it in with the soup.
- Extra Veggies: Increase taste and vitamin by including zucchini, spinach, or corn.
- Warmth Degree: Add a kick with cayenne or crimson pepper flakes.
- Seasoning: At all times style and modify seasonings. Salt brings out the flavors.
- Garnish: Serve with shredded cheese, contemporary parsley, or bitter cream for additional taste.
- Sluggish Cooker Methodology: Brown the meat, mix components (besides rice) within the sluggish cooker. Cook dinner on low for six to eight hours or excessive for 3 to 4 hours; add rice earlier than serving.
Energy: 329 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 15 g | Fats: 20 g | Saturated Fats: 6 g | Ldl cholesterol: 53 mg | Sodium: 628 mg | Potassium: 506 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 415 IU | Vitamin C: 34.2 mg | Calcium: 40 mg | Iron: 2.1 mg | Internet Carbs: 19 g
Dietary data is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could range in line with the components and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed data.