These wholesome vegan banana chocolate chip muffins are tremendous easy to whip up with a couple of primary pantry substances and are naturally sweetened with the ripe banana and maple syrup. They freeze nicely so I attempt to preserve a batch readily available for a seize and go snack!
I’m unsure these vegan chocolate chip banana muffins want a lot introduction – simply belief me that they’re completely, 100% scrumptious! For this recipe, I wished to make the basic banana muffin a bit more healthy. So I’ve made these ones vegan, included complete wheat flour, and sweetened them with maple syrup.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Straightforward to Make: takes simply 10 minutes to combine up the batter for these muffins.
- Naturally Sweetened: maple syrup and bananas naturally sweeten these muffins with out further sugar.
- Freezer Pleasant: simply pop right into a container or ziplock bag and freeze. Reheat for 30-45 seconds within the microwave when able to eat.
- Vegan/Dairy Free/Egg Free: these are a fantastic possibility for individuals who are plant-based or have dairy/egg allergy symptoms. Flax seed is used as an egg alternative and soy milk as a substitute of dairy milk.
- A Wholesome Snack: love protecting these readily available for a fast grab-and-go snack. Add a smear of peanut butter for a bit extra protein.
Vegan Banana Muffin Components
- Bananas: You’ll want three bananas for this recipe and the extra ripe they’re, the higher! Tremendous ripe bananas mash higher and offers you a sweeter muffin.
- Flour & Old style oats: You’ll use complete wheat flour for these muffins. Nonetheless, for those who like a lighter/fluffier muffin, use a mixture of complete wheat and all-purpose flours. Oats add some additional fiber to the muffins, however may very well be omitted in order for you.
- Maple syrup: Maple syrup and banana add pure sweetness to those muffins with out the necessity for sugar.
- Plant-based milk: I’ve made these with each almond milk or soy milk. Most any plant-based milk may very well be used interchangeably on this recipe. You simply wish to make sure that it’s unsweetened and never flavored.
- Baking powder/Baking soda: These guys do the heavy lifting to assist make these muffins fluffy.
- Oil: Be happy to make use of whichever oil you like. I’ve used olive oil, melted coconut oil, and canola oil with equal success.
- Coconut: I like including a bit unsweetened shredded coconut onto the highest of muffins earlier than baking. It toasts right into a golden brown within the oven and appears so fairly! If you happen to don’t like coconut, you’ll be able to skip it.
- Chocolate chips: I like Get pleasure from Life model vegan chocolate chips.
Learn how to Make this Recipe
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and grease muffin tin or add paper liners.
STEP 2: Add floor flax and heat water to giant mixing bowl. Stir with a fork and let it sit for 2-3 minutes till it types a gel (ie. a flax egg!). Add the bananas to the identical bowl with the flax egg and mash nicely with a fork.
STEP 3: Add all the remainder of your moist substances (oil, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla) to the bowl with the mashed banana and stir.
STEP 4: In a small mixing bowl, add the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to mix. Add to the banana combination within the giant mixing bowl.
STEP 5: Add oats and chocolate chips and stir simply till mixed. Use an ice cream scoop to evenly divide batter between 12 cups in your muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes till golden brown or till toothpick inserted into heart of muffin comes out clear.
- Measure your flour appropriately. Be certain to spoon your flour into your measuring cup relatively than scooping to cup into the container. If you scoop from the container, you’ll be able to compact the flour within the cup which might result in dry muffins.
- Use EXTRA ripe bananas. Use bananas which have turned virtually fully brown for these muffins. They may have extra taste, make a sweeter muffin, and are simpler to mash into the batter.
- Don’t over-mix the batter. Muffin batter doesn’t want a lot stirring. An excessive amount of mixing and also you’ll find yourself with a dense/rubbery muffin. Stir simply till there aren’t any clumps of flour and no extra.
- Use chia seeds as a substitute of flax. If you happen to want, you should use 1 tablespoon chia seeds as a substitute of floor flax for the vegan egg.
Steadily Requested Questions
You wager! As soon as utterly cooled, switch the muffins to an hermetic container or bag (I like these from Stasher!) and freeze. At any time when I wish to snack on a muffin, I simply defrost it for about 30 seconds within the microwave.
No, I don’t suggest utilizing metal lower oats for this recipe as they aren’t tender sufficient to make use of complete in baked items like these muffins.
Previous baking powder or baking soda may very well be the rationale. Baking powder often solely has a shelf lifetime of 6 months to a 12 months. Take a look at whether it is nonetheless good by including 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 cup boiling water – it ought to fizz. If not, it’s time to switch it. Baking soda ought to fizz once you add a drop of lemon juice or vinegar; if not – exchange.
Different tasty vegan baked items:
Wholesome Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
These wholesome vegan banana chocolate chip muffins are tremendous easy to whip up with a couple of primary pantry substances and are naturally sweetened with the ripe banana and maple syrup.
Stop your display from going darkish
- 1 tablespoon floor flax seed
- 3 tablespoons heat water
- 3 bananas (very ripe is finest)
- 1/3 cup oil (canola, olive, melted coconut oil all work)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk, unsweetened (I want soy milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup complete wheat flour for a fluffier muffin, use 1 cup white flour and three/4 cup complete wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old style oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut, unsweetened (optionally available)
Preheat your oven to 350 levels fahrenheit. Grease your muffin tin with cookie spray.
In a small bowl, stir collectively the flax seed and water. Put aside for five minutes or till gel types.
In a big mixing bowl, mash the bananas nicely with a fork. Stir within the melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and almond milk. Put aside.
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Stir dry substances and flax/water combination into the banana combination till nicely mixed.
Add the chocolate chips. Stir to mix.
Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle batter with shredded coconut (if desired).
Bake 18-20 minutes or till coconut flakes are frivolously browned and toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clear.
To freeze: add cooled muffins to a big ziplock or reusable bag and retailer within the freezer for as much as a number of months. Reheat for 30-45 seconds in to microwave to defrost.
Serving: 1Muffin | Energy: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 8.5g | Saturated Fats: 6.5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Sodium: 150mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g
Leave a Reply